Women In Film And Television International
First Website Visit
If you are new to the website please read this page as it will answer all of your questions on how to get a password, make a profile and how to use the website. This website was created at www.classcreator.com website and is maintained by your WIFTI Chapter Website administrator - at Contact Us.
You have the option of password protecting your Chapter profile which blocks the general public and search engines from accessing your profile details. Once you create a profile, you will also be able to see the profiles of your fellow WIFTI Chapters and interact with them. All contact information that you enter into this website will be kept confidential. It will not be shared or distributed. Your contact information is private: your address and phone number can't be seen by the Chapters unless you grant permission on your profile. When someone clicks on your Chapter name, all they will see of your contact information is your city and state and whatever information about your Chapter you choose to put on your web page. Your email address is not viewable, though an email can be sent to you using the contact box at the bottom of your web page. However, if you send a message to someone through their profile, they will see your email address so that they can respond. You will need to make your Chapter profile in order to access any password protected pages on the site:
Start by clicking on the Chapter Profiles link. This will take you to a page with all the WIFTI Chapter names, including yours. Find your name and click on it. Follow the prompts to create your profile. The password that you enter during this process will be used as your login password. You can personalize your page with information such as officers, programs, upcoming events, videos, etc. If you click "Remember Me" when you log in, you will not need to log in next time you go to the site. Note there is a password retrieval feature to click on: "Forgot Password?" in case you need to log in sometime and can't remember your password; the password will be sent to your email inbox. You can login from computers other than your main computer but you will need to enter your password. If you can not find your name on the Chapter Profiles page, please contact us to have your name added. We also welcome lapsed, new and emerging Chapters. Use the Contact Us link to send us a note and your information.
If you change your email address, snail mail address, or phone number, please update those in your profile so when we download a hard copy we will have your correct information. Always check back with the Home page, where main information and announcements are made.
How to upload pictures to your web page: (NOTE : AOL users - you may experience problems with uploading images. If you do, switch to your regular internet explorer, Firefox or Safari web browser instead when doing image uploads.)
1. Be sure you are logged in on the home page. In the links on the left side under MEMBER FUNCTIONS, click on the link: Edit/Upload Photos.
2. The Photo page will appear and you’ll see a gray box titled: Upload New photo. Click on this box and you will be at the Add Photo page.
3. The Add Photo page gives basic instructions for uploading your photos. There are 3 places on this page to make entries. Sort: The sort number controls the order in which photos display on your page. By default your pictures will appear in the order you entered them, so this isn’t important for your first picture. But later if you want picture #5 to appear as #1, you will have to change the sort numbers on your pictures. If you delete a picture, the sort numbers for the remaining pictures do not change (e.g., if you delete picture #2 out of 4 pictures, you will show pictures #1, 3, and 4.) Caption: Caption is the description you write for your picture. Browse: This is the most important one, for this is how you find the picture on your computer and get it to appear on your page.
4. Your first picture will automatically be Sort Number 1.
5. Now click the Browse button. A list of folders on your computer will show up. Locate the folder that holds your picture. For most Chapters this will be the My Pictures folder located in the My Documents folder. When you have clicked through to your picture file, click the view button at the top to show icons as pictures. This makes it easier to find the specific picture you want to upload.
6. Select the picture you want to upload by clicking on it once, and then click Open at the bottom of the box.
7. Now you will be taken back to the Add Photo page and in the Upload Photo box you will see the path to your picture.
8. Enter the Caption for your picture in the box.
9. Click the SAVE CHANGES button. Now go to your Profile page and look for your picture and caption. Shortcut for multiple pictures: If you are uploading several pictures that are in different folders, you can copy them to your desktop, then delete them later. Make sure you COPY, not move, your pictures, so you won’t delete the original. If you are still having problems, please email me.
Chapters - would you like to put video on your Profile page? Here’s how:
First upload your video to Youtube. Once it's there, they'll give you a string of "embed" code. Copy that code and paste it into your site (make sure you've pressed the "Source" button in the upper left corner of your editor before pasting the code).
On You Tube, make sure your video is showing in the play box. Example: you want to put the Muppets Mahna Mahna video on your site. (If you want to follow along, the URL is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTXyXuqfBLA&feature=related.) To the right of the video you’ll see a gray box, and near the bottom of this box is the grayed word “Embed.” And just below that a long horizontal white box that contains the code for the video. When this code is placed in the Video box on your Edit Profile page, the video player with your video will appear and classmates can view it from your page. Here are the steps to get the code on your page:
1. With your mouse, left click once on the white window that contains the code. It should turn blue. (Alternately, you can move your mouse across the box until all the code turns blue.)
2. On your keyboard hold down the Control key (Ctrl) and click the letter C key. This copies the code.
3. On your Edit Profile page, locate the box “Videos.”
4. Place your cursor inside the box and left click with your mouse.
5. Now press the Control key and the letter V key on your keyboard. The Embed code will now appear in your box.
6. In the Video Description box just below, enter a name for your video or something about your video. This will appear just below your video.
7. Now click the Save button and go view your page.
POSTING TO FORUMS The Forum is a 3 tiered system consisting of:
1) Categories pre-set by the site administrator. Suggestions and/or requests for new categories are welcome at Contact Us.
2) Topics. There can be an infinite number of topics under each category. To start a new topic: choose a category, then click on "New Topic". Enter a title for your topic, type your message and click "Save". (Just FYI: A "sticky" topic is one that is tacked to the top of the page.)
3) Messages. To add to a topic already started, click on "Reply". Type your message and click "Save" Once saved, you can edit or delete your own message. When first coming into the Forum, click on a Category title to see all the Topics under it. Click on a Topic to see all the messages posted there. *Note: The first time you want to post on the Forum, you will be asked to set up a forum profile. This only consists of 3 short items, all optional.1) a signature, if you desire one; 2) your location; and 3) setting your time zone. You will be able to edit your settings later in "My Settings", at the top of the Forum page. "My Signature" (optional) is anything you may want to appear at the bottom of each of your messages. For instance, your name, a short proverb or witty saying, etc. You can Subscribe to receive new forum posts by email. Look for this feature at the bottom of your "My Settings" page, on every message you post, and at the bottom of every Forum page. (You can later Unsubscribe from your "My Settings" page.) Master Photo - If you would like to have a photo of yourself or your Chapter Logo appear to the left of your messages (and later on your threaded emails), click on "Forum Photo" at the top of the Forum page (or on "Edit/Upload Photos" on the left navigation panel). If the picture that you want to use is already uploaded to your profile page, just click "Make This My Master Photo". If your photo is not already there, you will need to upload it (see "Upload Photos to Profile" under the "Using Our Site" category). (Later this year, members will be able to check a box to use their designated profile picture/logo as their Master Photo, but an estimated time of arrival for that feature is unknown.)
How to put photos in your messages: Posting pictures in the Forum is easy! See the attached pix at the top of the page for illustration of the following steps: 1) Click on the Image icon (the little yellow square in the editor, at the top left, to the right of the word 'source'). 2) In the Image Button popup, click "Browse". 3) Find your picture in your files and click (or double-click) on the picture. 4) Click on "Upload Now" 5) Click "OK" when it tells you it's uploaded. You can now see your image in the preview box. 6) Click on "OK" at the bottom of the Image Button box, and your picture will appear in your message box. 7) Complete your message (any text you want to add), then click on "Save". You can also preview your message if you desire, before clicking Save.
Using the text editor: Experiment, if you want, with the editing tools. Changing the size and color of your font is fairly easy. Use the Preview button to see how your message looks before saving it. After saving your post, you will still be able to edit or delete it. You can also attach files to your message. Click on "Browse" at the bottom of the message box. Locate and click on the file you want to attach. After you save your message, your file will appear as a link at the top of the message (see attached pic of attached file at the top of this message). (Note: Do not click on Preview after attaching your file because your attachment will be lost and you will have to attach it again.)